Saturday, October 30, 2010

nighty night

Since Kyle went out with friends a little while ago, I'm calling it a night for myself.  Yes, I know I'm lame. Tomorrow is my last day off before I am officially a working woman. 

This weekend was pretty good so far.  On Friday, we were going to go to Dorney Park's Halloween Haunt.  It was way too cold, so we drank some lemonade and went bowling instead.  So my night was filled with gutter-balls and throwing the pretty pink ball into the lane next to us.  I usually hate bowling, because I have to ditch my fabulous boots for an old, nasty, smelly pair of bowling shoes with tacky fluorescent laces.  I felt really bad for the girl that was with us.  She wore flats and didn't bring socks, so she had to wear those little ped/nylon things that you find in the shoe store with her bowling shoes! YUCK! We all had a lot of fun though.  

Kyle & I were going to go to a parade tonight in a town nearby tonight.  It's supposed to be welcoming winter.  Surprise surprise, it was too cold.  We both hate winter anyways, so why would we go to a parade to celebrate it?  We relaxed for a little while, and then went to Panera for some french onion soup and baugettes (sp?). 

Kyle is now in love with Panera.  He's made a lot of progress since our first visit there.
Panera worker: Sir, would you like a french baguette with your soup?
Kyle: Ummmmmmm, sure....
    ----5 seconds later----
Kyle: *turns around & whispers* Hunnie, what the hell is a french baguette?
Me:  *Laughs* It's pretty much a hard-ass roll.

So much progress, that he was even telling me what is good on their menu.  Now I feel like the dummy.


Hope you all had a good Halloweekend!

5 comments:

  1. So Kyle is cheating on Quizno's, huh? Lol.

    Happy Halloween! Enjoy your last day of unemployed freedom!! Good luck tomorrow. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to Panera, but saw one on Friday night, and regretted eating dinner already! I definitely want to try their French onion soup. Good luck today on your new job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha... love the Panera convo. That's cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Panera is pretty much my favorite sandwhich ever!

    I get either...

    Adult grilled cheese and tomato soup
    or
    the smokehouse turkey!

    loveee it!

    ReplyDelete