Thursday, December 23, 2010
Its official, I am God..better yet a GODDESS.
Had a crazy night/morning at work today, so I thought I would share. Honestly, crazy doesn't begin to explain it but I digress. I had 6 patients total. Minutes away from a Code Blue, I was running to get one of my patients a stat med when one of my other patients called me into his room because he wanted to tell me something but I told him I would be right back. I gave the medication to my patient in respiratory distress, and her breathing was still horrible. We were waiting to transfer the patient to the ICU but it was taking forever to get her an ICU bed. Finally, a bed opened up and we got her off our unit. When I walked into my other patients room to see what he wanted, he told me to hold his hands, he looked me straight in the eye and said, "I POOPED!" (He had not pooped in a week and was constipated, so I gave him magnesium citrate to drink about 6 hours prior to this) I was like God to him because I was the one who gave him the magnesium citrate drink. So shhhhh, no one tell him the doctor was the one who ordered it because I'm taking the credit for this one. I love my job.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That's Berks County Bowl Syndrome for you. All these people think about is pooping, & this year you're his Christmas miracle! Yay!!
ReplyDelete